The Best Two Years

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 1 Letter

Hey how's it goin'. Sounds like a pretty interesting week and stuff. I still haven't seen pics of Meg pregnant and by the way, I did get your package Saturday because one of our investigators works for UPS and me and him are tight, so he gets my packages for me, and he collects John Deere stuff, sweet!! Anywase, ya my area is pretty sweet. I don't know what you want to hear about it, it's just like any other part in the US or my other areas. It's really green and humid. So nothing spectacular. But ya, we had some way awesome sweet miracles in the mission in May. We had a grand total of 116 baptisms in one month. President Seal was pretty emotional because this is what he has been shooting for the whole time he was out here, so we were all pretty excited. Needless to say it was nothing more than a miracle. I just can't believe the Seals leave the first week of July, that's crazy, time is flying, holy cow. But ya, we set a baptismal date with a 9 yr old kid on Saturday. The rest of his family is less active, but they are the nicest people you'll ever meet. We finally got them to come to church and nobody believed us when we said they were coming. I had people in the ward come up to me and say "Hey, good job on getting them here." So that made me feel good inside, you know. But it was way funny, on Saturday night, when I set the date, I was like "So Matthew, do you have any questions", and so he asked a few questions and I was like "Anything else you wanna ask?" and with all seriousness he said, "How much does it cost?" and everybody just started laughing, it was funny!! So ya, we should have a few more baptisms coming up. You know, Mom, people told me before I went on my mission that I probably wouldn't see as many baptisms, and they are right, but we as a mission, are seeing a lot of baptisms and every thing a missionary does counts, so I probably won't see a lot of baptisms, but we as a mission will!! I think a lot of people would be surprised of how much more work there is to do here, we need more troops. But anywase, have you had any missionary opportunities lately? But ya, I got to go, so talk to ya later and tell everyone I said hi and that it's alright to write me letters every ounce in a while.
Loves, Elder Silcock

No comments: