The Best Two Years

Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27, 2008 Letter

  Hey, got your email.  Ya, I got the package and everything was good.  Love the General Conference dvd's and I've used them a lot with investigators, and maybe when you get the chance to get the past session's dvd's, do ya think you could send them to me?  I would appreciate it because they do get put to use.
So how is Eric doing? I guess I'll find out when he writes me back. How about Nathan, and Shilo, and Ben? Are they doing good? Have you heard from them recently? I only hear from them like once every 6 weeks maybe, give or take.
So Chris found his elk and Tyler got his buck. That's sweet! They will have to send me pics of both of them. Looks like we just know the right people or something. Like come on! What's the chances of that happening? Haha, that lucky punk. You know he is only blessed like that because he served a mission, haha! (Chris shot his first elk in September with his bow and then lost it, but someone else came across the carcass and reported it to a friend who knew Chris' story and told him where to find it.)
Ya, so we had a good week. The end of another transfer. Looks like I'm staying here another 6 weeks. I'm hoping I'll be here at least 6 months, because I really like the members here and stuff. So Sister Chapman is looking at the blog. That's cool! I told them about it and they checked it out, I guess. Ya, her husband is the Ward Mission Leader. He is way, sweet! Well, that's good that their saying good stuff about me. So I must be doing something right. So this Ward will definitely be a Ward I will come back and visit. Whether you come and pick me up or not, I'm coming back here. Ya, so there are some members that are going deer hunting for the first time next week, and they want me to show them how to gut a deer, and then how to cook the heart, and then hopefully at that time we can have a deer heart and squirrel fry, ha ha! So, I'm kinda hoping they get something. Oh ya, and on Saturday we had the (Ward) Trunk-or-Treat, and some of our investigators came to it and loved it. They had a great time and then they said that they didnt want to go to the one at their church because it wouldn't be as fun. So how cool is that? It just makes you realize how much success is in Ward activities and stuff. So make sure you invite your non-member friends to Ward activities, because they are successful.
Well,hopefully I haven't forgotten anything. Well, I got to go, got other stuff to do. Talk to ya next week! LOVES!!!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey Silcocks,
Tell Skyler that I'm doing great! I'm sending him a letter now so he should find out everything soon enough. And this is a way cool page by the way.
P.S. I finally got the priesthood and it's AWESOME :)