The Best Two Years

Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20 Letter

   Oh my gosh!  That is so sweet!  I can't believe Eric Sanders (a friend of Skyler's) got baptized! You just never know what will happen from a seed you planted.  And guess what? Do you know where Eric met this gal? (Eric's girlfriend, Courtney.)  Remember our road trip to St. George and Las Vegas a while ago. (Skyler is referring to a road trip that he, Eric, and Nathan Brown went on a year ago)  Ya, that's where he met her. So you can thank Nathan for hooking him up.  That's just so cool. Holy cow, ahhhh!  Ya, I knew he would come around eventually.  Nathan and I were always inviting him out to activities and stuff, so that's insane.  Man! Well, that's the best news I've heard for a long time. That just made my week and everything. Holy cow! That's so coool.  So what did Eric have to say? Did he say hi to ya and everything?
So how is Grandma Smith doing? I want to write her a letter. If you see Steven Kirk tell him I say "hi" too, and give him my address.
So what did you think of Mr.Morgan? (We got to meet the returned missionary Skyler was referring to in his last letter.) He is kinda funny. So, he told you stories about me, huh. Hopefully they were good ones, haha. He told you about the "Mo Ho" huh. (The "Mo Ho" is the Missouri Hotel, a place where many homeless people go for shelter). That's funny. We were teaching people that lived there. Some of them are crazy. It's scary on that street at night. Boy, I'll tell you what!
Anywase, hopefully the farmers can get back into the fields this week. It sounds like they need to be more specific in their prayers for moisture, haha. But seriously, they need to. The Lord is just trying to teach them something, that's all. They will learn eventually. Well, nothing too exciting happening this week. I'll be looking for your package in the mail. Mom, just tell me one thing. Where does the time go? Holy Cow!
Anywase, loves by

-----Original Message-----

1 comment:

ambychappy said...

Sister Silcock, My name is Sister Chapman, my husband is the 3rd ward mission leader in Springfield right now. I just read about the chicken and dumpling recipe and how the McIlquhams couldn't make it for your son. Could you forward your recipe to my email and I will make it for him. My e-mail address is ambychappy78@sbcglobal.net
By the way, we are all very impressed by your son. He's one we'll never forget.
Thanks

Amber Chapman