The Best Two Years

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 9 Letters

Skyler has been busy and so his letters are short. If they don't make much sense, well, just figure that he was in a hurry and then try to read between the lines!

(Skyler's letter to Mom and Dad)
Hey, I don't have much time to write right now because we have plans today. So I might have to write you a letter some time today.  Well, can you get Ben Fields' address and Shane Pickup's address for me, I would highly appreciate it.  So Ben is doing good huh.  Sweet!  How are his parents doing?  You need to go check out Declo's football team this fall and tell me how Ben's little bro does.  His name is Tanner.  He is a stud! So I'll try to get the rest of the stuff in either later today or next week. Sorry. Love ya tho, by.

(Skyler's letter to Kristen)
Hey Sis, hows my girls doin?  What's new?  Anything at all?  Well, we
got a baptism on the 14th of this month so that will be awesome. Chris
tells me he bought some property and is gonna have a house built when I
get back. Are you excited? When are you getting started? Man, I really wish I
could be there to help build it. NOT! (ha ha) Well thats good. So have
you done anything fun lately or are you doing anything fun in the future? Oh,
I guess I could tell you about my Bible bash yesterday, it was funny. We
got a return appointment with this guy and his girlfriend. He wasn't a very
religious person and she was a member of Assembly of God (which is a very anti-Mormon
church). He thought the Book of Mormon was true and everything, it was awesome. His girlfriend the whole time was like shaking her head no. It was funny. Well, there is story for ya. Hope it made sense.
love ya'll gotta go.


Elder Silcock

1 comment:

Ellis Famiy said...

It is always great when missionaries get a baptism.
We have a young man who is a friend of Marie's and
Laurel (Laurel also is a friend of Marie's too she is out at BYU right now) anyway his name is Ryan and he has been taken the lessons over at our house.
He called us yesterday to let us know that he has decided to be baptized! We thought that was great news! Just thought I would share too.
Skyler it is always neat to hear what you are doing on your mission.

Karen