The Best Two Years

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get Ready! Here's our May 27, 2008 Letter

Got your email, and no I haven't gotten any packages from ya yet.  Well, it's been a crazy week. We had zone conference last Thursday and it was pretty good.  Yesterday, which was Memorial Day(we work on holidays, then the next day we have preparation day if the holiday is on a monday so thats why I'm writing on Tuesday)I went on exchanges with Elder Arnold Azl. It was crazy, cool. We were walking down this street when this car drove by. Then they stopped and the lady who was driving was like "Can I have one of your books?" We were like "Sure." So we talked to her a little more and she said that her family was being taught by missionaries before when she was a little girl and she just felt like she needed to stop and ask. She said we could teach her and her whole family. It was a pretty cool experience.  Then later that night we taught a black 17 year old kid named Michael.  He is way cool.  We were teaching him out on his porch when all his family came out of the house and started asking questions and stuff.  So we answered questions for a while and eventually got on to the subject of coming together in unity. They said "Ya, that's what we need to do. We should get a whole bunch of people from different churches so you guys can teach them because y'all got the apostles and prophets, so sounds like we need to join your church and come together in unity.  We were like, ya, way excited.  So this Saturday their gonna have a bunch of people for us to teach. So that could be cool.  It was just cool that they saw  the importance of apostles and proqhets so we could all come together in unity. It was cool.
Ya, I remembered it was Steph and Kristens b-day. Tell them happy bday for me. Did you get Shilo's address for me it would be nice to have so I could possibly write him or something ya know. The guy that was getting baptised on the 31st dropped us. Basically he knows its true. He just needs to get his prioritys straight and get back on track. No, I haven't been transferred yet, not till June 20 is my next transfer, so ya. I don't know where yet, but I will be sure to let you know. So have you found anyone you could have the missionaries teach in your home? We all know people we could open our mouths to. We just need to do it. So the next email I get has to include who you shared the gospel with both you and Dad and anyone who reads this email. You are now accountable. But tell me at least one none member or less active person you could have the missionaries teach or invite to a Church activity. That's the challenge. I'll follow up with you next Monday, so don't let me down. You can do it. Just like Elder Bednar's talk, he said missionaries are the full time teachers, members are the full time finders. When we pray for missionaries we shouldn't be praying for them to do our work. It goes something like that. So there is the challenge. We call them otm's or open thy mouth. Oklahoma Tulsa missionaries do about 150 a week, all we ask members to do is 1. So I know you can do it just read 1 Nephi 3:7 and see what Nephi says. Well, I think I annoyed you enouph so I will let you go. Love y'all. By.

2 comments:

Silcock Family said...

I almost wasn't going to leave a comment because I didn't want you to think I was accountable for what he said! Wow, what and intense letter! If he is already this deep I can't imagine what he will be like at the end of the two years!

Hawks Family said...

Leah, I am so glad you are keeping a blog for Elder Silcock. He sounds so grown up...I love the missionary pic. We miss Burley!
take care! We will check back often!