The Best Two Years

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 6 Letter

Well, I got some news for you... I'm getting transferred, ha,ha! It's crazy, I'm so used to these 7 month areas you know. I'm actually goin' to serve with a Tongan, myself. (One of Skyler's friends, who is serving in Argentina, is now serving with his second Tongan comp). Elder Siolaa, which is pronounced (see oo la ah) for all you who don't know how to pronounce it. So that will be cool, and I'm serving in Harbor, Arkansas, which is in Springdale, which is right by Fayettville and Bentonville. And my suggestion, don't send the package yet, and send Elder Siolaa a big package, because he doesn't get much mail and he would appreciate it more than me, you know. So please get him something worthwhile, plus, I don't even need anything special, so that gives you another reason to spoil him. Anyhow, I got the address for ya, its:

4193 Links Dr. Apt. 206
Springdale, Arkansas
72762

and ya, I was supposed to go to the dentist, but I canceled because my appointment was at 8 and I thought it was at 10, and I guess it was a 2 hour thing that they were gonna do to my tooth, so that I was like, no way, I'll just pull it out, that's rediculous you know. And our ride couldn't come get us any earlier because we had to drive 30 minuts to the dentist, so you know how that goes. So I will just wait till it falls out or till I get to an area that has a dentist that will do it for cheap or somethin' it's like they think that us missionaries are made of money or somethin' you know. So, hopefully I'm savin' you some money. But, then again, I need to get my bike fixed again because my rear rim is toast. I think I should be able to survive in Springdale because it's for the most part flat and that's good, (because I don't have rear brakes). But, when it gets down to the point that I can't ride it I will let you know. So how high did Clinton jump? I would kinda like to know. Anywase, what did you find out with Meg? Anything? Are things stayin' busy at the shop and on the dairy farms? Oh, and we set a baptismal date with Rolland Nelson, one of our investigators, for May 9. He is excited for it. What's cool was last week we gave him a ride to church because he can't drive and this weekend he told us he was goin' campin' with his family and wouldn't be there on Sunday, but we prayed that he would be there anywase, and of coarse (with our faith) he was there. We said, "How did you get here?" and he said, "I walked here!!!" Now that is faith! He walked nearly 4 miles up hill to church and he is not even a member yet! Is that sweet or what. Too bad I won't get to see him get baptised, same with Liz. She just needs to quite smoking, which she is close. She slipped a few times last week so we have to reset a date with her. Overall we have about 10 investigators, so hopefully that answers your question. But anywase, don't forget about that package and stuff you know. But anywase, tell everyone I said hi and tell Nathan Brown he needs to write me and Shilo Hawks, he needs to write me. I sent off a letter to them last week, so hopefully they will write me, you know, ha,ha!!! Those slakers, ha,ha!! Well anywase, I'm still fixin' to get y'all some pictures and stuff, I haven't forgot ya!!! But I will talk to y'all later, most likely next week! But hey, take care!
Love y'all. By. Elder Silcock

No comments: