The Best Two Years

Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13 Letter, Skyler's been Transferred, Again!

Well, Easter was great. I got stuffed. But my new area is sweet and we have a full excercise gym here that we use, so I excercise with the missionaries here for 1 hour every morning. It's awesome, so hopefully I can lose a few of those un-wanted pounds, you know. But ya, we share an apartment with the Spanish elders, so that is way fun. There are a lot of Spanish and Marshalise people here. So I'm lovin' it here, I really can't complain. Elder Siolaa is way cool! He still doesn't speak very good English and stuff, so it's way awesome, because I just took it for granted, you know. But we get along great. He is a really hard worker and hard to keep up with on the bike, ha,ha!! And he is really funny. So ya, his family is still in Tonga and that's why he doesn't get much mail, you know it's expensive. But ya, just whatever you want to send I think he would really appreciate it. But let's see, oh, on Thursday, the day before transfers, we had a bad tornado and thunder storm (and you might have seen it on the news) but Mena, Arkansas got destroyed by a tornado, and yes it's in our mission, and yes I know the missionaries that were there. They said their house was destroyed, but they were ok. So now I'm jealous because they got to experience an f-4 tornado that was at least a mile wide. But ya, I was out tracting during the storm and there was a sweet funnel cloud behind us and some guy driving by in his truck insisted that we get in his truck and he took us to some members houses. But I got that on video and stuff and then like 30 minuts later it was really dark outside and the sky was a dark green, so there was another tornado close by. But I didn't see it, dang it, but it was sweet. But ya, just thought I'd let you know. But I'm trying to figure out how to send videos. I have made some, you know. That's what I'm waiting on, but I promise you will get pics 1 way or another. But as for now "nofo a" which means good by in Tongan.
Loves, Elder Silcock

No comments: