The Best Two Years

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 23 Letter

Hey, how's it goin? Another slow week, huh. About the same thing here, but hey, not bad, and I don't want to make you jealous, but the other day the weather here was about 82 degrees! It was nice, but then again the humidity made it feel like 90, but hey, I didn't complain. So who does Dad think his councilors will be in the bishopric? Has he decided yet? ha,ha!! (Skyler is definitley way off on this little joke!) Anywase, you might have to send me pics of Chris' boat and the truck, ha ha!! But ya, I'm planin on sending pics soon. Well, today should be a pretty cool day. The forecast is calling for severe weather meaning, heavy rain like y'all nevar seen and some lightnin' and some thunder and even tornados! woo wee!! So it should be interesting if anything cool happens, I will let you know next week. As for the dumb dentist, I had an appointment with him tomorrow but he canceled because someone died. So I go back on the 6th of April. I was wishing he would have just pulled my tooth out man and you know something funny? Before I came to Arkansas, Bro. Brown said "Yup, as soon as you get there all your teeth are gonna fall out!", ha,ha! So that kinda scared me because it almost came true. But ya, I haven't had any pain with it so far since he worked on it the first time. So I will fight it as long as I can. It was kinda nice having a sore tooth because I didn't eat as much. And Mom, let me tell you what. There is some good cookin' out here in the mid west, mmm! I've learned a few bbquen' secrets, if you know what I mean. So anywase, I'm hopin' this 10 pds I've gained will melt off again. Anywase, we will see. But ya the work is goin' good here. There are many miracles happenin' here. Our zone is actually leading the mission: so that is sweet. I think the Lord is trying really hard to get the Fort Smith Stake split. The branch in Sallisa, Oklahoma need (what I heard) 12 more members and then it can become a ward, and all we need in the Stake is 1 more ward and they can split it. As of right now the elders there in Sallisa have 11 baptismal dates set. So, sweet, Mom, miracles are happening! And keep this on the down low, but as soon as our stake splits, so does the mission. It needs 1 more stake before it can split, so no wonder our zone is leading the mission, pretty cool, huh. I'm not trying to brag, but this is what the zone leaders said in district meeting last week. They said the best missionaries in the mission are serving in the Fort Smith Zone. Pretty sweet huh! I guess I must be a pretty good missionary, I don't know. But anywase, I just wanted to tell you that, because no matter how ignorant some people are here, the Lord provides a way, and I think 1 way he is doing it is through the economy. But hey, the stone cut without hands to fill the earth must grow, right? ha, ha!! Well anywase, it's a great time to be a missionary. I better get gone, but anywase, have a good week and tell everyone I said hi and stuff. Loves, Elder Silcock

No comments: