The Best Two Years

Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2nd Letter and some pictures from his closest encounter yet to a tornado!

Following the path of an F-1 tornado!
The building in the upper right hand corner
is Skyler's apartment. If you follow the
path of the tornado you can see where it
looks as though the tornado was headed straight for it!






Skyler said that the woman who lived
in this house slept through the tornado
ripping off her roof!


These people didn't!

That's not plastic wrapped around a power line.
It's a metal sign!



Ice storm transformations!



The service project!
Looks like we finally got a serious
picture of Skyler.





**Dear Friends and Family,
Well, we finally have our computer problems worked out. We gave in and bought a new one! We missed hearing from Skyler on his birthday, but we are back on track again. After 10 months in the same city, Skyler finally got transferred. He is now in Alma, Arkansas. Thanks for not giving up on us!


* * * * * * * *
Hey, it's good to hear from ya. You know what's funny? Elder Jergensmyer told me about Dayne on transfers. So I had already heard the story from someone else. (Skyler's brother-in-law, Dayne was stuck for two days in a white out while snowmobiling. He was with a friend and they found shelter at the look out on the top of the mountain.) I'm just glad he is alright. That could have been alot worse. Well, that's good you got your computer problem all fixed. The new area is sweet. It's a small town of 4000 people and they are all really nice. We actually cover a few other small towns around the area. So that means we have a car, but we share it every other week with other missionaries in our district. So now I have a car and will get to drive it on Wednesday. SWEET!!! I haven't driven for a year. But I definately miss my last area. Springfield was a way sweet place I look forward to the day I go back and give everybody there a hug for what they have done for me. They fed me so much my last week that on Friday I didn't need to eat breakfast or lunch and barely dinner. That's how full I was. It was awesome. Needless to say they took, way, good care of me. So now I can basically say I have 2 homes, Burley and Springfield, ha ha!!! But my b-day was, way, sweet. We went to the Brown's because they had signed up to feed us. So they made me a German chocolate cake with 20 candles and I got a few presents from them. It was pretty cool. But I must say the best part was when I finally got to eat squirrel. It was so good!!! So my b-day was just like all my others I guess you could say. But, anywase my new comp is from Blackfoot. So my first comp from Idaho. His name is Elder Todd Brady. He has a strong testimony. He is a little shy, but he has a great personality and is fun to be around. He has been out about a year and a half and so he goes home in like 6 months, which is wierd because we graduated the same year. That just makes me feel old. But anywase, 1 year on Thursday! How bout that, huh, ha ha!!! Sweet! But, ya, you mentioned videos of Nick. Please send them to me. That would be way sweet. The only thing that could come from it is I would become a more determined missionary, I mean, come on! Anywase, Alma is cool, Mom, and there is a sweet church site here. Ya, Parley P. Pratt is buried here. Don't worry, I will send you pics. I would like to buy a gps because we do cover a big area here with a lot of small towns. So I personally feel it would be a good investment. But, anywase, let me know if I can get one as soon as you can, like preferably your next email if not sooner. Anywase, take care, have a good week. I will have a good week. Elder Brady and I are gonna tear it up down here in Alma and we are gonna baptize the heck out of these people, ha, ha!!! talk to ya later
love, Elder Silcock

No comments: