The Best Two Years

Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19 Letter

Hey got your message.  So how is Lindseys parents doing'? Have you talked to them at all?  If not I know that they would love to hear from you they could benefit from your testimonys.  How is Meg dealing with it?  Surley she knows that she is in the celestial kingdom(or at least the spirit world for now that is) what more could someone ask for. What a blessing do die on your mission. How could you morn for them! Instead rejoice where she is at. It is like a million times better there.  Yah, I bet Nick and Lindsey are up there holden hands or something. Couldnt you see them together, I mean come on, it was a match made in heaven ha ha just kiding, but hey you never know.  So shilo has been on my blog spot hugh haha thats funny.  You still need to get me his address not his email address. I must write him and find out all the stuff he wont tell his mom thats so cool ha ha.  So have you talked to Ann Brown. How is nathan doing?  He is probably doing fine, but it would be nice to hear from those guys.  So dad bought 2 more fourwheelers! Dang, I knew that was going to happen. Just as soon as I leave, more new toys, oh well life goes on.  Ya I bet Chris is in wonderland, I know I would be.  I guess I still don't get the assignment from the young women. It has to be from someone that has been an example to me while on my mission? If so I would have to say the bishop here.  He is way cool and very mission minded he wants to get preach my gospel going in hometeaching and visiting teaching and in Sunday School. He has stepped up and has helped others step up and helped them to stand strong and immovable.  Hopefully thats what they wanted if not that, then of coarse, Nick, because he reminds me of Abinadi.  He taught king Noah what they needed to hear and sealed his testimony with his blood.  Same with Nick, he knew that he was probably going to die on his mission(maybe you could expound on that to them if they use this example)he could have not gone on a mission, just like Abinadi could have denied what he told king Noah and his priest,  but he didnt he taught right up to his death, just like Nick taught up to his death. The people needed to hear what Abinadi said just as much as the people needed to hear what Nick had to say.  So if someone can go on a mission with the thought of not comeing home because they feel they might die, but they go forth and preach the gospel, apparently its very important and its worth dying over.  So who am I to not go on a mission!  If someone is willing to die for the gospel then I must go and share this glad message with others.  Hopefully this is what they where looking for so pick and choose and let me know what they thought. Thanks. Love ya, by and dont forget to get me shilos address.
Elder Silcock

2 comments:

Silcock Family said...

WOW, where is Skyler and what has Oklahoma done with him :) he is like a totally different person, I love it! When he said "I'll bet Chris is in heaven" I just laughed because its so true :) he does love having 4 wheelers right next door. I'll bet you are so proud of him and they way he is serving his mission!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear from my little bro! He has sure put the Lord first in his life and we can really see the change in him. I can tell he is doing what he is suppose to because he is using "big" words in his letters and knows scripture stories now which I thought was always impossible for him!! j/k Skyler!! He is such a good example to my kids. Thanks Skyler

XOXO-Steph