The Best Two Years

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

*We got to talk to Skyler on Christmas Day. It was great, you know, like the best present ever! Skyler sounded great. He got our packages in time for Christmas and was especially thrilled to get the two ties we sent that came from his Dad's tie collection, (one of which was the same tie Bob wore when we were dating, Skyler thought that made it an antique!!!!). We would like to thank the Grissom Family for feeding Skyler and his comp, Elder Scholler, and also thank the Brown Family for including them in their Christmas Eve and Christmas Day activities. Skyler said it had been a great day and the food was wonderful, he said that he had the traditional dinner like we have here. So that was cool. While we were all enjoying our "white" Christmas, Skyler was enjoying 50 degree temps! They were anticipating a storm over the weekend which could possibly bring some tornadoes. I asked Skyler what his best experience had been so far. He told me that the best thing he had experienced so far was his own spiritual growth. We have seen how his testimony has grown by leaps and bounds. It has been amazing. This alone makes his mission a successful one. We know he works hard and we are proud of him. Well, below is the letter he sent us on Monday. Happy New Year to all of our blog friends!

Hey how's it going? Sounds like it was an interesting Christmas. It seems like it always snows hard when I'm gone, and that storm that was supposed to hit us, well it did and we got soaked, don't worry, I made a video of it and some day I will put all my pics on a cd so you can see them. But we didn't get any tornadoes, but St. Louis did. So it kinda missed us. But we are going to the Crosby's for New Years Eve. It should be awesome. They have a tradition in their family called "bonya cata", (not sure if that's how it's spelled). Basically, it's a lot of garlic and it's good. So that should be fun. I'm gonna go get fitted for a suit and I will know for sure how much it will be. So I might write you a letter. Oh, and remember Jay D., the one who called you and told you about my ties, (*this was a story about some ties he was given by a Ward member who had bid on them at an auction, and Skyler ended up with something like 100 ties.), well, he is with me right now and he says "hello"!!! Anywase, as I was saying, I will let you know if you need to deposit more money in my account. So ya, does it really seem like I've changed? It's just weird to me to think that. It scared me when Dad said that I have just a little more than a year left. I didn't realize how much time had gone. Anywase, it was a good week. But one of the biggest things that has helped me is my patriarchal blessing. I can read things in there that are happening right now, and that's not when it's talking about my mission! It's crazy! So anywase, I will let ya go. Happy New Year to you to.

No comments: