The Best Two Years

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 1, 2008 Letter

  Well, it was a crazy week.  I'll tell you what. I'm still full from Thanksgiving!  Sad to say this, but, I've actually gained weight here because the members are so awesome and they all cook really good.  But I'm still the same weight I was in the mtc so nothing too major.  But, for clothes, I still need a new suit and stuff.  I don't know what you want me to do about that, but there is a mens warehouse here in my area and so I could trade in my old suit and get a discount or something but it all depends on what you want me to do.  I don't want anything from Ferril's because they measured me too big.  The pants they give me, if I didn't wear a belt would fall off.  So I would like to probably get fitted again.  But I might need new socks because mine are starting to wear out and of coarse nice phat polyester ties.  Oh, and I do need a few long sleeve shirts preferably a 17.5 to 18 inch collar.  Probably like 2 or 3, and I gave the money to a member to get the (sorry, readers, I can't tell you what Skyler is sending because they are presents!), so I should get those this week, and what should I do for everybody else? I'd feel bad if I didn't get them anything. What's your advice?  Yes, I remembered Shilo's bday. I sent him a birthday card like a month ago because he said it takes like 6 weeks to get mail.  No baptisms yet, but we are working on it.  Transfers are on Friday and I'm getting a new companion, his name is Elder Schule.  He has been out for like 4.5 months and I'm going to be senior companion, so that's way exciting. I imagine that I'll be training before too long.  So ya, I will be here for Christmas and stuff. So you won't have to worry about me going anywhere.   But ya, nothing too exciting happening, other than transfers. Oh, and the Nativity Celebration here.  It's way cool, they have some of the Branson performers come and perform.  It's pretty cool and they have a bunch of nativities set up in the gym and a live nativity outside.  It's a cool deal they got going on.  Members from 2 Stakes in Springfield put it on.  Anywase, hope I haven't forgotten anything and I will talk to ya next week.
Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you what I did for Thanksgiving. We went to 3 members houses. First the Forsyth's (their son is the one going to Boise). Then we went to the Crosby's for the dinner. You'll think this is funny. Bro. Crosby is the High Priest group leader and Sis. Crosby is the Stake Primary president and their son is on a mission in Pocatello and was in Rupert not too long ago. So anywase, be looking for Elder Crosby. Then we went to the Brown's and had more food, mostly pie, though it was delicious and then I taught them how to play spoons and B.S., then yesterday at church I talked to one of their kids and she said that they have played B.S. like none stop since we taught them, it was funny, ha ha! But ya, that's what I did for turkey day. This week one of the Brown kid's is gonna try and get me some squirrel so we can have a squirrel fry. So we will see how that goes because they have been trying for like 4 months, ha ha! Anywase, loves

No comments: