The Best Two Years

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 8 Letter

(For those of you who have been following along with us this last year, the first part of Skyler's letter this time is in reference to the sad news we received last week concerning the potential adoption of the three children Steph and Jay were hoping for. It seems that this is not to be. Certain facts have come to light that has now made it impossible for these particular children to be placed in their home. Steph and Jay have not given up on the idea of adoption and we are all hoping for a much better outcome next time.)


     Well, I got your email, and man do we have trials in our family.  I figured God wouldn't make it too easy on us.  We've got to keep our testimonies strong, and the way to do it is through trials.  Well shoot!
Well, enough with the bad news, time for some good news. We have a potential baptism this Thursday, it's a guy named Charles. He has been an investigator for a while and has come to church a couple times. Those 2 people I told you about last week are doing good, so we have a potential of like 3 baptisms in the following weeks to come. SWEET! The Lord is just blessing us right now. It's awesome! When I got here, this area was a "dead" area. Then I came in and now we've got baptisms. The first ones since February. So we're getting the Ward out of a drought. Any wase, it just shows how hard work pays off.
Well, I got Grandma's package. Tell her I says thank you and I love the suspenders, ha ha! I plan on writing her a letter today and possibly Grandma Smith as well. I'm getting a new comp on Friday, it's transfers again. I just can't believe it! Where does the time go? Oh ya, my new companion will be Elder Turner.
Well, after what you told me in your email I was thinking about something that I had learned a few weeks ago. It's called Celestial math. So, I was studying Ether, chapter 4 and in 2 verses (like 13 and 14), somewhere over there Christ says "Come unto me", then in the next verse he says "Come unto me", again. The Lord doesn't usually repeat Himself. So think about that "come unto me". Those 3 words are pretty deep aren't they. So going back to this Celestial math and "come unto me". What it is, is we have Telestial math, that's 1+1=0. So, like maybe you swear, but you go to church, so you're doing something bad and good at the same time. So it cancels out. Then, we have Terrestrial math, that's 1+1=2. That's where you stop swearing and you still go to church, but you still hang out with the same friends, so you haven't taken yourself out of the situation. Ok then, we have Celestial math, and that's 1+1=8. What happens if you turn the 8 sideways? It then becomes infinity. So what this means is, (1) we stop doing something the Lord wants us to stop doing, and (1) start doing something the Lord wants us to start doing, and this principle then becomes =8, eternal or never ending. Interesting, isn't it. You probably never thought of coming unto Christ like that before, have you? So, in reality, those 3 words are very deep. So go read that chapter and those verses(it might be others, but it's somewhere in there) and tell me what you think. One other thing it says in those verses is "Come unto me and I will show unto you the greater things which are hid up because of unbelief.". What are the greater things? Where do we go to learn the greater things? So study that and tell me what you think. Remember what you tell me will be used to help strengthen the members here. So any stories you could tell or anything else, that would be nice.
Well, I will be looking for your package. Tell everybody I said "Hi", oh, and I plan on printing some pics and getting some other stuff. The one thing I wanted to get was a t-shirt from one of the high schools here, and the name of the high school is "Kickapoo High School", and on the back it says "Fear the Poo". They are hilarious, and it's tradition for the missionaries serving in the area to get one (just so you know). Well, I think I'm done for the day. So anywase, talk to you later. by

1 comment:

Silcock Family said...

I miss him so much when I read his letters, I love watching him grow threw his words! I finally got his package mailed to him so hopefully he gets it soon!