The Best Two Years

Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15 Letter

  Well, I got your email and your package. I appreciate it. The pants fit good and I loved the ties.  As for Charles, he didn't get baptized because we felt he wasn't ready, so we moved it back a couple weeks.  He was fine with it so I don't worry about him too much.
This last week was crazy because we had transfers and I got Elder Turner from Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is alright, he can use some tuneups, but that's probably why I'm serving with him, to build him up. But he is a hard worker and knows the scriptures very well. I was kinda hoping Pres would give me a companion I could straighten out. I want to train soon so maybe this will help.
But ya, that's cool you did do the studying. I love that chapter and it gives you a different perspective of "come unto me" doesn't it. I was reading in pmg (Preach My Gospel) the other day and studying temples. In ch3 under the 5th lesson it talks about temples and family history work. It says the Lord commands His people to build temples and to build the kingdom. It's amazing how one thing leads to the other. If we go to the temple then we will be blessed and building the kingdom will come easier. I just wish more members would get the picture of the important calling we have not as missionaries, but as members. If we all truly understood, we would be finding people for the missionaries to teach, because we would understand what the Lord has done for us. So we would want to share it with others. Members of the Church often times need more trials to get them on their knees. It just goes to show you how merciful the Lord truly is.
Well anywase, I better get going. Tell Chris and Kristin that I'm looking to get their package today. Would you mind sending me one of the cameras from home? I want a camera that has sound on the audio, mine doesn't and I like making videos, you know how it is. But, anywase, that's not important. Talk to ya next week, and tell Grandma Smith I love her and wish her the best.
Loves, by

1 comment:

Ellis Famiy said...

Hello Silcock family!
Sounds like Skyler is a top notch missionary! We always knew he would be.Love his letters.
How blessed the Oklahoma people are to have him there.

Take care,
Karen and Family