The Best Two Years

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 4 Letter

 Ya, I got your emails both of them.  Sounds like it's been a crazy couple weeks.  I'm so jealous you get to go to the temple. You better go every week while you're there, and your lucky because you get to share your testimonies with people, that is way awesome.  The most powerful tool we have as members is our testimonies.    So you drove through a tornado, huh, seems like their getting more and more common in Idaho and the western regions, meaning it's getting close to the end of times. Right? So gird up your loins cuz it's gonna get rough. 
So they had a swimmer drown. That's too bad. I bet Dad felt terrible, but hey, we know where he went. We can't be sorry for him.
Ya, it is a small world isn't it. Elder Palmer was awesome. I got him on my tape recorder and some pics. So I might have to send them out to you. He is way cool. (Just a little side note - Skyler met Elder Palmer at the MTC. Elder Palmer is now the companion to Skyler's cousin, Andy Lloyd, who is serving a mission in Trinidad.)
Well I can't remember every thing you talked about, so hopefully I didn't leave any thing out ya know. I will get you my address as soon as I can. I don't know it off the top of my head, so ya. Oh ya, I remembered something. I'm serving in the South Stake in Springfield. It's only like, 15 miles south of my original area, so I didn't get transferred far, which is ok. My comp is Elder Jeppeson from California. He is a good hard worker, we get along good. He thinks I'm a hick though. I can't wait to get a country boy for a companion instead of these city boys, but their all right, ha ha. Well, I think that's it for me so over and out.
Love, your son, Elder Silcock

1 comment:

Silcock Family said...

These letters sound 90% not the Skyler I knew and 10% like the Skyler I knew. He has been changing so much in each letter. I need to get his address as soon as you get it so I can mail his package.