The Best Two Years

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

November 30 Letter

What's up!! So ya I will definitely pray for that!! Wish I could be there, that would be awesome! (Skyler is referring to our family trip this week to the temple in honor of Nick's birthday. Doing a sealing session was our gift to him and will be a family tradition from now on. We know that Nick is still very much a missionary and we never know when we do the ordinance work for someone at the temple that it may be someone Nick has taught! Cool, huh!)
I always write him (Nick) a letter or something and put it in my pocket for remembrance! Anywase, we set a baptismal date this week with the Spanish lady I was tellin' you about for Christmas eve so that should be way sweet, huh! And another cool story, we have an investigator, his name is Frank Pfiefer! His wife and kids are members, but he isn't, yet! Anywase, me and him are good buddys and according to his wife he thinks alot of me! But back to the cool part, we taught him on Saturday( he is a truck driver so that's the only day we can usually teach him) and I asked him how his praying was going and stuff and he said that the Book of Mormon is true, so I asked him when he wanted to get baptised( which he wanted to be baptised before I leave here which will probably be Dec. 18th) so ya, in a couple weeks we are going to have another baptism, sweet huh! And his wife came to me at church and said, "You don't realize how awesome it was to hear Frank say what he said about the Book of Mormon!" They have been working on him for a long time! They said I don't realize how cool it was to hear him say that!! sweet huh! But ya, this place, when I first got here, there was nothing going on and was kind of a dead area! That stuff Elder Oaks talked about with the member area book and stuff, well, I'm sure that's what he told ya about. (Elder Oaks came to our Stake Conference last month and told us that conversions here in the U.S. are up considerably) anywase, my companion and have worked hard to get it established and the Ward is doing so much better, it's not even funny! It's amazing, when I first got here I didn't like it, but it's amazing how much you come to love people while serving them. Even when the people do things to you that could make you mad you still love them! I'm pretty sure that's what charity is, huh! Anywase, that's my week! And I'm sure your gonna be asking me the question, what I want for Christmas, well, I really don't need anything and I'm sure there's people out there who could use it more than I do! I know Steph told me they are going to have another humble Christmas, so maybe get something for them. I don't need anything and I don't want anything! I got everything I will ever need, so I will be ok! Anywase, talk to ya later and hope to hear from you soon!

Loves, Elder Silcock


p.s.
And by the way, I've lost like 7 pounds, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (I sent Skyler some Isagenix as he had asked to help him lose some weight. Glad to hear it is working for him!)

No comments: